Cellframe CEO AMA Transcript 17 November
Hello! I’m Dmitry Gerasimov, CEO of Demlabs! And I’m back with our usual stream, where we will discuss the main news of Cellframe development, as well as the most interesting events in the life of the company.
This is what we will talk about today:
- A new, improved build for KelVPN
- Improvements in Cellframe Dashboard
- A new use-case for DAP SDK
- BSC-staking and the migration of LP pairs
Let’s start with the biggest issue of the day, BSC staking! Today we are already in the release process. It is a good chance that we will be able to launch as early as next week.
This is what still remains to be done before the release:
BSC staking is working, and we could launch it today, but we are still looking for ways to improve security. After we did a recent internal audit, we decided to raise the standards for security. And that’s the issue.
When we release BSC staking, we will have a finished system that is universal and can be applied in the future to other staking protocols. We will also use it as a platform to test native smart contracts on Cellframe. We are already developing new smart contracts.
Migration to new token in the BSC Network
We are happy to say that we have started migration from old BEP20 tokens to new ones. It’s happening on the website — migrate.cellframe.net.
Why should you migrate your tokens? Because it gives you some advantages:
- Lower trading fees on PancakeSwap. For new tokens, it is 1%; the old tokens had a 5% fee.
- Very soon you will be able to trade with the lower fee on Pancake, as soon as Gate.io and other exchanges move to the new token.
IMPORTANT! You don’t need to split up your LP pairs if you have pairs with the old token. It is much more efficient to migrate it as part of an LP pair. If you do this you will also get a bonus for early migration (if you do it now!). The bonus is that you have an advantage when BSC staking rewards are distributed.
Migrating LP pairs to the new contract
So in addition to the migration from the old token to the new one, we also launched migration of LP pairs to the new BEP20 smart contract. This is also an important event, and many people were waiting for it.
Right now you can go to the same site, migrate.cellframe.net, and migrate old LP pairs to new ones.
Just connect your wallet, input the number of $CELL pairs you want to migrate, and click on the Migrate button. You will receive the new pair instantly.
The conditions for trading on Pancake will improve for those who migrate their LP pairs: fees will go down from 5% to 1%
In addition, if you migrate early you will get a bonus. This bonus gives you an advantage when BSC staking rewards are distributed. Migrate your tokens to the new contract now!
Improvements in Cellframe Dashboard
This app provides a single window to work with all the Core Cellframe Products (wallets, DEX, master node).
In recent days, we have been preparing for the release of our new encrypted wallets with password protection. The main forms and menus are already done. The mechanism for attaching the wallets to the node is finished.
After a few small fixes, the Dashboard with the new functionality will be available!
Also, we fixed freezing issues and made Cellframe Dashboard faster by using a new format for data exchange between service and interface. This means that we moved from more complex wallet models, which are made using a structure of separate classes. So now the Dashboard became simpler and faster.
In addition, we are working on another version of wallet. We will call it the Cellframe Wallet. It will be almost the same you are already used to, but it will be simple, much simpler than Cellframe Dashboard.
New use case for DAP SDK: Nuclear Fusion Reactor
As you know, our main office is in Akademgorodok, Novosibirsk region. This is the most important center of scientific research in all of Russia. Well… at least in all of Siberia!
This news is related to our work with the scientific community in Akadem, and it will be interesting for all those who are involved in science: elements of Cellframe are being used in developing sensors for nuclear reactors and accelerators. Specifically: DAP SDK, our general-purpose C framework, is being used in a lab with a plasma nuclear fusion reactor.
These Cellframe elements will be used in firmware for sensors of density and temperature in the plasma of fusion reactors and synchrophasotrons at the Institute of Nuclear Physics. In the future, they might also be used in the ITER project — the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor, which is based in France. Nuclear physics institutes are working with this project, and previous versions of these devices are already working in ITER. So the current version will also likely be sent there.
What is DAP SDK? Dap SDK is a cross-platform collection of libraries for the C language. There you can find in one place all those things that people always end up having to write new again and again, in different projects and different firmware.
Why DAP SDK and Cellframe? Our company has been doing C programming for more than 15 years. All Demlabs products are based on our in-house SDK: blockchain, VPN services, and multimedia re-streaming services. We are always checking and renewing our DAP SDK, testing it using high-volume systems with large numbers of clients and servers.
And what are the results? DAP SDK performed well on the low-power piece of equipment in the fusion reactor, and it reduced latency in communicating with the sensor. It loaded both cores of the processor (it only has about 300 MHz) and increased the maximum number of simultaneous queries by multiple times!
Detailed results and original documents are available on my Github: https://github.com/inphub/drs_server
I also want to add that this is an open-source firmware, so we provide them with our SDK for free. For private and for-profit projects, we can offer our commercial SDK release. Write to us, if you want to discuss joint projects!
A new, improved build for KelVPN
We also continue to make improvements to KelVPN, our VPN service on the Cellframe blockchain platform. Today, we have a new, improved build of KelVPN 7.3, already available for download and update!
These are the upgrades in the new KelVPN:
- There is a new, built-in QML engine, and it greatly improved performance on Android smartphones. It also made the app experience smoother and more responsive.
- A new scaling function has been added: to adapt the window to the screen size.
Important! If you have a version earlier than 7.3–43, please save your Key code, then reset and reinstall the app.
Here are some other features we will roll out soon:
- Multi-hop feature in KelVPN. How does it work? A double VPN routes the data through two or more different points on the network. This makes it practically impossible for someone to trace the user.
- noCBD setting for KelVPN. This mode lets users connect their wallets and nodes to KelVPN, so that they can purchase traffic or time directly from KelVPN.
Additionally, we are preparing to release the Enterprise version of DapChainVPN. This is the version of VPN with the option to add your own CBD, servers and certificates for authorization. Also in this version will be the option of authorization by username and password.
A new dedicated channel for tech support
We also created a separate Support channel on Telegram for our users, where everyone can get technical support for all Cellframe products from our developers!
We invite you to contact the new Cellframe Support channel for technical assistance from our developers: https://t.me/cellframetechsupport. In this channel, we will help you if you do not understand something or have any questions related to one of our products.
The other channel, called Cellframe Network Dev (https://t.me/cellframe_dev_en), is for those who are developers, developing products on our platform, who have a question or found a bug in any Cellframe service. You should also come to the Dev channel if you have specific suggestions for improving our products.
And now we are move to the most interesting questions:
- “We started a beta testing group”. Can you please explain what you mean by this?
- The members of this beta testing group will have early access for Cellframe’s new software updates. So they can test it and send us some reactions and thoughts about, for example, what will be good to improve, which troubles need to be fixed first. This beta testing group is really important for you and for us. And I invite everyone to this group.
- Is the Cellframe bridge secure from hacks, seeing that there are many bridge hacks these days?
- We try to take into account the experience of other projects and avoid their mistakes with bridges. But we cannot be sure that we have excluded all the possible attack vectors. Of course, I cannot say that we are protected from all attacks, but I can say that we are protected enough. And that we are working on strengthening the protection every day.
- Are wallets on the Cellframe platform non-custodial?
- Right, they are.
- About the conference in Kazakhstan, the CEO mentioned that Cellframe will take part in it. Time passed and Cellframe didn’t take part in it, so can we know what’s happened plz?
- A lot of things happened. So we decided not to visit conferences while we are finishing our migrations, while we are implementing staking mechanics in our blockchain. I think that first we should finish all the necessary things that separate us from the meinnet launch.
- When can we trade our V2 tokens?
- LP Migration has started right now, so I believe it’s already available for trading now. Just check for liquidity on the new pool on PancakeSwap. And if it’s enough, you can trade it. If not, you need just wait a bit: Gate.io and other exchanges will switch to the new token very soon.
- Why is Trust Wallet showing Cellframe ERC20 V2?
- This is due to our mistake. We incorrectly named the smart contract. We checked all the functional parts. It was adjusting a constant that wasn’t used inside. So it wasn’t checked and we missed it.
- What drives this project to survive in a bear market and how do you manage to recover from the current state?
- We have a high level of diversification. Аnd, most importantly, all team members really believe in the project. We have a mission to bring this project to the world, to make it famous, to make it widely used in different aspects. That drives us and helps us to survive. We have already survived one bear market — we will survive the second.
- How Cell is currently a PoW and a PoS at the same time?
- No, it’s not a PoW and a PoS at the same time. For now we’re using only a PoS. However, PoW is possible to implement by other teams in their subchains. You can use different consensuses in our blockchain.
- When will the APY be ready for the public? When will the selection of validator candidates start?
- I don’t understand your question about APY. Maybe I talked about JSON or PC for building your own lightweight services. This will be soon. About the selection of validator candidates: first, we need to release our common release candidate (so we will start the selection of validator candidates). Аt this point we will ask for help from our beta testers, node holders, to test how it works. It should start in the next few months. When we see that everything works well, we will open it for everyone.
- When will it be possible to migrate CELL ERC20 V2 to the CF20 native network?
- Our bridge is already working with CELL ERC20 V2. And if something doesn’t work for you, write to our Support group.
- Why do we have to migrate from an old contract address to a new one?
- In short, in order to reduce fees and prepare the token for being community-driven.
- How many CELL tokens do you need to run a Node with a Raspberry Pi?
- 10 000 $CELLS. But this amount may change due to the fact that the price of the token has fallen slightly.
- When will you have a stable mainnet with blocks that run steadily after seconds in a constant way (even if it is not yet open to the public)?
- It’s already done. The current meinnet is open to the public and produces blocks.
- When will the staking on the Cell network finally be fixed and fixed in all respects?
- All basic functions of staking are working well right now. But there are some problems with how to represent what happens inside the mechanism: how the reward is calculated, what is the current APY, etc. We will fix everything, don’t worry.
Okay, that was all the questions. It was nice to talk with you! Thank you for your interest and for your support. See you next time! Goodbye!